We were fortunate to be invited by CBS News CBSN, a 24-7 streaming video news channel available at cbsnews.com/live, to join a panel of experts to discuss student loans, credit cards, debt management, retirement and much more. Hosted by Vladimir Duthiers (@vladduthierscbs), the panel included our very own Marcus Garrett; Jeanie Ahn (@jeanie531), a senior producer with Yahoo Finance; Rachel Gottlieb, author of Zacs Dollar Dilemma and a Senior Vice President with UBS Wealth Management; and Scott Gamm (@ScottGamm), a correspondent with TheStreet.com.I just watched @TheMarcusGarret @Jeanie531 @ScottGamm on #CBSN Making Your Money Matter Click To Tweet
To watch the full discussion, click here.
References Mentioned by Marcus on This Show
- PB73: Mastering Financial Independence and Student Loans with Robert Farrington
- Can You Actually Become a Millionaire on an Average Salary?
Student and Credit Card Debt
- NerdWallet: Average Household Debt
- Student Loans: $50,626 (total U.S. debt: $1.34 trillion)
- Credit Card: $16,883 (total U.S. debt: $784 billion)
- PB68: Don’t Cost Yourself $600,000!
- A study found that starting at $55,000 as opposed to $50,000 could yield an additional $630,000 in earnings over the length of your career.
- Employees Who Stay In Companies Longer Than Two Years Get Paid 50% Less
- How Marcus Garrett Ditched Debt with a 50/30/20 Budget
- What Americans Spend the Most On
- “In every city we analyzed, housing and then transportation ate up the largest chunks of the average household’s budget. These two items ate up around 50% of the average budgets.”
Tools and Resources
Get Our Free Guide
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! We will use this to send you emails about our products and special offers. You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.