Tiff South returns to the podcast today. Tiff is the founder of “Four Corners Coaching”, where she helps women who feel unfulfilled in their career learn how to leverage their strengths so that they can feel confident pursing new job opportunities. Tiff teaches how to use your life experience to empower yourself and redefine success, based on your own terms.
Today, Rich and Tiff kick it off by talking about the importance of giving yourself grace while in this crazy time of COVID-19. Then they jump into how to position yourself to come out swinging when this quarantine is over. They discuss the importance of your LinkedIn profile, planting networking seeds, creating a morning routine and workspace in your home, the do’s and don’ts of remote interviews and not to lowball yourself if you get a job offer during this pandemic.
This Week’s Sponsors
- Breeze – Seven in 10 working Americans couldn’t make it a month without a paycheck before experiencing financial hardship. Breeze offers income protection for serious injuries and illnesses that prevent you from working for 3 months or longer (including permanent conditions). Learn more at paybal.co/breeze.
- University of California Irvine – If you are trying to advance your career, UCI Division of Continuing Education has the resources needed to support you. There are certificate programs and specialized studies available to make it easy to advance in as little as 6 months. For 15-percent off, click here and enter promo code “paychecks” at checkout.
- Gusto – offers modern, easy payroll benefits to small businesses across the country — they were even named best online payroll by PCMag. And as a listener, you’ll get three months free when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/paychecks.
- It’s ok to rest and give yourself some grace during this time in quarantine
- Ask for help at work when you need it
- Setting up a dedicated work space in your home
- Creating a morning routine as if you were heading into the office on a normal work day
- Finding simple joys at home, like cooking
- Getting your ducks in a row and prospecting through the quarantine and recession
- Creating a narrative for your job search/interview
- Documenting accomplishments and new skills as you go through the year
- Tweaking your job title on your LinkedIn profile
- Resume tips to stand out from the crowd
- Remote interview do’s and don’ts
- DO NOT lowball yourself if you’re offered a job during COVID-19
Key Takeaway: Using this downtime to plant career seeds will put you on top when we come out on the other side of this pandemic.
Tiff South Online
- Website: fourcornerscoach.com
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/tiffsouth
- Instagram: instagram.com/tiffsouth
- Twitter: twitter.com/tiffsouth
- Podcast: howdoesshedoitpodcast.com
Save More Money
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here.
Learn About How to Invest
- Trade Your 9 to 5 with Investing Made Easy – Tela Holcomb shows you How to Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom and Build a Legacy of Wealth – All Without Working 40+ Hours a Week in her course bundle. Learn how she does it here.
- The Perfect Portfolio – A step-by-step program to build financial freedom. Your teacher, Kevin L. Matthews II, is a Certified Financial Planner, bestselling author, and former financial advisor. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Hampton University, obtained a certificate of financial planning from Northwestern University and a certificate in disruptive strategy from Harvard Business School. He was named one of the Top 100 Most Influential Financial Advisors by Investopedia.
- Listen to Marcus talk fear and finances with a Certified Financial Planner on the Planancial podcast: Episode 73 – “I didn’t have an emergency, the USA had an emergency!” – MG
- Visit TMG to get your FREE chapter from the upcoming Second Edition of Debt Free or Die Trying.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us @PayBalances and Instagram.
Get Our Newsletter!
Join our free email community to get our newsletter with actionable tips and interesting reads to help you navigate your finances and career.