Are you dissatisfied with your career? Not sure how to pivot? Scott Anthony Barlow, the founder and CEO of Happen to Your Career, can help! Happen to Your Career is a company that specializes in career courses, coaching programs, and a podcast that covers Scott’s genius tools, resources, and roadmaps to begin — and complete — that journey for a more rewarding life (Yes, You’re Making it Harder on Yourself: The Career Change Advice You Need to hear). Scott and his wife were also in $138,000 in debt and managed to pay it off in 3.5 years. Scott’s passion for helping others discover their signature strengths and living in the present has led to countless individuals starting their own businesses, attaining new jobs, and realizing their astounding potential.
In this episode, you’ll hear Scott share how a series of bad jobs and career struggles inspired him to take immediate action, undergo a series of pivots in his career, to confidently and successfully create his own business. By the end of this show, you will learn how to stop settling, master the Puzzle Method, and harnessing your power for a more fulfilling life.
- The first step is to admit you are a little lost….
- Scott’s experience of owning his first company
- How the wrong job ignited his quest for a better life
- Uncomfortable jobs = skills for the future
- Tools to build a path to action
- Signature strengths – areas that you are good at and enjoy want and NEED most
- How to design experiments and initiate conversations to utilize signature strengths in doable action
- What are the smallest ways to validate your career shift?
- Becoming a “Social Goldilocks” and the importance of guiding conversations so you never settle in your career again!
Key Takeaway: The more immediate action you take towards building the life you want, the more success you will see . The old saying of “be patient ” and “only time will tell” are lies . Utilize your signature strengths, identify your wants, and harness your locus of control, and you will transform your dreams into a reality today.
Scott Anthony Barlow Online
- Podcast: happentoyourcareer.com/podcast
- Twitter: @scottabarlow
- Facebook: facebook.com/happentoyourcareer
This Week’s Sponsor
The UCI Division of Continuing Education courses
- This is the last week to VOTE for Paychecks & Balances in the FedEx Small Business Grant contest! We can win as much as $50,000 to invest in P&B, LLC. Support us with any of these easy (and free) choices:
- We created a PATREON premium content page! Patreon is an extension of the weekly podcast, including conversations we have amongst ourselves or with guests after we finish the main recording. On The After Show, we get into real convos with guest after the broadcast stops to hear how they really feel about the topics we covered to share with an exclusive audience of listeners: Join #TeamPremium today!
Our Favorite Tools
Available exclusively to our email subscribers, see why 15-minutes can change the next 15 years with our free 15 Minute Paychecks & Balances Money Plan: Your Guide to Financial Freedom.
- Digit – Struggling to save money? Sign-up for Digit at paybal.co/digit to automate your way to saving hundreds or more! Digit analyzes your spending and automatically saves the perfect amount every day, so you don’t have to think about it. Read why Rich loves Digit and how much it’s already saved him.
- Tiller – The only spreadsheet templates powered by an automatic feed of your finances directly into Google Sheets and Excel. Easily budget, track expenses. Get started here!
- SoFi– offers a full range of financial services, from personal loans to refinancing to investing. There’s something to help everyone get their money right. I’ve used SoFi twice and have nothing but good things to say about
theireasy to use and helpful services. Use our referral link (or don’t, because we would still recommend them) for a $100 credit towards your next loan.
Learn and Grow Your Net Worth
Personal Capital – is an online financial advisor and personal wealth management company that helps you track and grow your net worth.
Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
- We’ve tried a lot of email subscriber services. ConvertKit is the easiest and best platform.
- Need to collect money or invoice clients? We use Square.
Paychecks & Balances
- Want personal finance, work and money presentations tailored to your next seminar or conference? Request us here!
- We’re developing our first Debt Free course including continuously updated content and Marcus’ Debt Free or Die Trying book series.
- LIKE us on Facebook.com/PaychecksandBalances or FOLLOW us on Twitter @PayBalances and Instagram!
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.