Personal Finance, Money, and Debt Management
Tiffany (From $300,000 in Debt to The Live Richer Academy ft. The Budgetnista – PB102) is an award-winning teacher of financial empowerment and is quickly becoming America’s favorite personal financial educator. In 2014, Tiffany founded the Dream Catcher Community, a virtual community of over 650,000 thousand women from 100+ countries. She is the author of five #1 Amazon bestsellers, The One Week Budget, co-host of The Brown Ambition Podcast, and Live Richer Challenge. Her financial advice has been featured in The New York Times, Reuters, the TODAY show, PBS, TIME, ESSENCE Magazine, Forbes and many more!
Tonya (PB86: Banish the Balance ft. Tonya Rapley) is the millennial money expert and creator of the award-winning site, MyFabFinance.com. In 2014 she was deemed the “New Face of Wealth Building” by Black Enterprise Magazine and her site has been voted the best finance blog for women.
Patrice (PB69: Seek Wisdom and Find Wealth with Patrice Washington) is most well known as the personal finance voice on the top-rated and nationally syndicated Steve Harvey Morning Radio Show. She is also the best-selling author of Real Money Answers for Every Woman, Real Money Answers College Life & Beyond, and Real Money Answers for Men, a featured columnist, television commentator, and leading authority on personal finance, entrepreneurship, and success for women and youth.
- Website: PatriceWashington.com
- Podcast: The Redefining Wealth Podcast
- Facebook: SeekWisdomPCW
- Twitter: @SeekWisdomPCW
- Instagram: @SeekWisdomPCW
Lynette (The 9-to-5 Training Ground ft. Lynnette Khalfani-Cox) is a personal finance expert, television and radio personality, and the author of numerous books, including the New York Times bestseller Zero Debt: The Ultimate Guide to Financial Freedom. Lynnette had $100,000 in credit card debt before paying it all off in three years and turning her financial life around. She is also an award-winning financial news journalist and former Wall Street Journal reporter who has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Steve Harvey, and Good Morning America.
Mandi (PB46: Magnify Your Money ft. Mandi Woodruff) is a personal finance expert with a special focus on Millennial spending. She’s also a former Yahoo personal finance reporter who has appeared as an on-camera expert for CBS and Good Morning America. More recently, she has
- Social Media
- Mandi’s Popular Articles:
Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover changed Aja’s views on debt and personal finance (PB27: Debthood ft. Aja McClanahan), inspiring her “marriage playbook” and her journey to pay off over $120,000 in debt! After 12-years of blissful marriage (and counting) she now focuses on the importance of teaching her children and others about the importance of budgeting and personal finance.
Latisha of LatishaStyles.com and YoungFinances.com specializes in helping Millennial entrepreneurs focus their goals so they can maximize their returns. Latisha doesn’t just talk-the-talk, she walks the walk (PB33: Millennial Work & Money ft. LaTisha Styles) by relying on her own personal experience to escape the 9 to 5 Matrix and establish her own successful business.
Saundra is a Financial Coach, educator, consultant, and motivational speaker who is nationally recognized for her work with community-based organizations (Get Paid to Save with EARN ft. Leigh Phillips – PB110) that focus on asset building for the working poor. She is the executive director and founder of Sage Financial Solutions, an organization dedicated to helping communities develop comprehensive financial education programs.
Certified Financial Planners
Rianka Dorsainvil, CFP
Rianka Dorsainvil (A Financial Plan for HENRYs: High Earner, Not Rich Yet ft Rianka Dorsainvil) is the founder and CEO of “Your Greatest Contribution.” Already a P&B fan fav, Rianka is a rising star, speaker, and Certified Financial Planner who works with multi-generational high earners and low-income families.
Lauryn Williams, CFP
Lauryn (From Collecting Medals to Collecting Coins ft. Lauryn Williams, CFP) started her sports career running at The University of Miami before becoming an Olympic Athlete in Track & Field and Bobsled. Lauryn credits her discipline on the field to help her as an entrepreneur and CFP in “life after sports.”
Kevin Matthews, CFP
Kevin L. Matthews II is a Certified Financial Planner, bestselling author, and former financial advisor. Kevin holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Hampton University, obtained a certificate of financial planning from Northwestern University, and a certificate in disruptive strategy from Harvard Business School. In addition to being named one of the Top 100 Most Influential Financial Advisors by Investopedia, he has helped hundreds plan for their own secure
- Website: BuildingBread.com
- Course: How to Start Investing in Just 3 Days
- Facebook: BuildingBread
- Instagram: BuildingBread
- Twitter: @BuildingBread
Jason is the founder of The Brown Report, a company that teaches students how to trade stocks and be financially responsible. He has over 10 years experience trading stocks and options, and at the age of 23, he took $10,000 and turned it into a six-figure trading account (How I Reached Six Figures in My Trading Account ft. Jason Brown). He is known for making trades based on technical analysis, rather than emotion.
Tela (Investing Made Easy ft. Tela Holcomb – PB88) is a stocks and options trader, mom, and wife who is focused on spending the most of her time living the life she loves, “Do you want to be a trader or an investor? When you make an informed decision investing is not gambling. It’s a smart decision.”
- Facebook: facebook.com/telaholcomb
- Instagram: instagram.com/telaholcomb
- YouTube: telaholcomb.com/youtube
- Website: telaholcomb.com
Family and Finances
His & Her Money
His and Her Money (PB37: His & Her Money ft. Tai & Talaat McNeely) is a journey of how two high school sweethearts fell in love, got married, but were total opposites when it came to handling their finances. Between being proud parents of three children, Tai and Talaat find time to share their personal stories on love, money, and personal finance to help other families find the financial freedom they have found by paying off their unsecured debt and their mortgage.
Other Resources and Directories
- D.E.B.T. Free: A 4-week Starter Kit – A 4-step course based on our popular book, Debt Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself in $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out.
- The FIRE (Financial Independence / Retire Early) Movement
- NerdWallet: African-American Financial Gurus to Follow
- XoNecole: 12 Podcasts For Women Trying To Glow Up This Year
- Black Enterprise: 8 Money Experts to Follow to Upgrade Your Finances
- Black Wallet: 16 Financial Gurus of Color You Should Be Following On Instagram
- GoBankingRates:15 Money Podcasts That Are Perfect for Your Commute
- The Penny Hoarder: 11 Podcasts for Anyone Who Wants to Get Smarter About Money
- MarketWatch: Finance Twitter: The 50 most important people for investors to follow
- The New York Times: Podcasts for the Recent College Grad
Interested in Podcasts and Blogs in topics not covered above?
- PodcastsInColor.com – Created by Berry, PodcastsInColor is the leading destination for black podcasts and podcasts of color covering topics such as; health, comedy, news, love, and more!
- YesIAmCheap.com and @Elevate_Money – Founded by Sandy Smith, who paid off $50,000 in debt in less than 2 years,
arecommunities for teaching people of color about money.
- Apex Money Daily – curated by J.D. Roth (PB87: Your Money Mindset Matters ft. J.D. Roth) of GetRichSlowly.org and Jim Wang (@WalletHacks) of Wallet Hacks, apex money showcases the top personal finance content.
Get Our Money Plan
Get our FREE 15-Minute Money Plan today! You'll also receive actionable work and money tips and interesting reads that'll keep you professionally and financially woke.