The Money Minute
- A @PayBalances follower asks, “how would you change your budget if you had children?”
- We found that as of 2017, it costs up to $233,610 to raise a child from ages 0 to 17!
- We discuss how we would proactively adjust our personal finances when a little (HYPOTHETICAL!) bundle of joy is on the way:
- Start the 9-month clock and begin adjusting and testing our new family budget before the arrival of the baby.
- Review our insurance plans to make sure we have enough to care for everyone, not just ourselves.
- Why we would immediately start planning and saving for our child’s college fund.
This Week In Work
- How to improve your online job searches and recruiter contacts on LinkedIn using Boolean search strings.
- Rich provides a step-by-step breakdown of how to use search strings to tailor your job search and improve your online job profile.
- We discuss how to network and navigate LinkedIn when a recruiter or company of interest visits your personal profile.
- The 2017 Cost of raising a child: $233,610
- Would-Be Parents Underestimate and Unprepared for Potential Costs of Raising a Baby
- Business Insider: Parents Reveal What To Do With Money Before Having Kids
- The Simple Step That Led to My Fiancé Getting 9 Recruiter Calls in One Week
- A Step by Step Guide To Understanding and Using Boolean Search Strings in Your Job Searches and Online
Check out RockStar Finance’s Directory of Personal Finance Blogs (and Resources) from @BudgetsAreSexy. This is a great resource for all things personal finance. You can show support to us and these other awesome personal finance blogs by clicking here.
We’re on Soundcloud!
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Read Marcus’ book on how he buried and dug his way out of over $30,000 in debt, Debt Free Or Die Trying, on Amazon.
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.