Back to the finances! Ok, I originally thought this was a clever reference, but I realized while typing it that Back to the Future came out in 1985. While we reflect on our lives as older Millennials, you can enjoy another great guest episode featuring Mandi Woodruff! Mandi is a personal finance expert with a special focus on Millennial spending. She’s also a former Yahoo personal finance reporter who’s appeared as an on-camera expert for CBS and Good Morning America. More recently, she’s become executive editor at MagnifyMoney.com, a money columnist at Teen Vogue and co-host of the Brown Ambition podcast. We had an awesome wide-ranging discussion with Mandi covering:
- Relationships and money – how many of us have them – and tips for managing “your” money as you transition from I to we
- How to start the dreaded ‘personal finance’ discussion with your partner
- Tips you can follow to manage, or even lower, your student loan and Lies Your Student Loan Company Might Tell You
- The one type of debt you should NOT pay off and why
- Social Media:
- Mandi’s Articles:
- Need help negotiating or figuring our your rights when it comes to debt owed? Visit ConsumerFinance.gov!
- ICYMI – VSB Throwback: How I Buried Myself in $26,000 in Debt in One Weekend
We’re on Soundcloud!
Check out our PATREON page! We’re raising funds to grow the show so we can create more great content that helps you get ahead professionally and financially.
Marcus’ book on how he buried and then dug his way out of over $30,000 in debt, Debt Free Or Die Trying, is available on Amazon. Check it out!
Looking for more career development and debt freedom tips? Join our email list at PaychecksandBalances.com/email for exclusive content including show updates, digital giveaways, and more. We don’t spam. We just keeps it real. Yes, keeps.